Friday 10 June 2011

Cross Stitch Place Names

Hello everyone, it has been far too long since my last blog post, mostly due to a lot going on, but I am glad to be back.

I consider myself to be quite a crafty bride to be and always like coming up with ideas to add more personal touches to our wedding day. Early on in wedding planning I considered using my cross stitching hobby to make the place names, but I did a google and wimped out! Then I came across The Making Spot. http://blog.themakingspot.com. Now this is a blog that every crafty person needs to see, and the fantastic Zoe from @TheMakingSpot gave me the bit of courage I needed after I saw these lovelies.

cross stitched place names with a vintage feel

How fantastic do these look?!


So I sat down with squared paper and our Save the Date cards and set about designing a pattern that matched!


Our Save the Date postcards!


So here is  picture of the two most important place names for the day! 





The only thing I haven't decided is whether to have them attached to card or to attach them to pieces of material and have them laid out on the guest's table.

Maybe a little something like this from John Lewis?


So what do you think? I would love to hear your comments.



Make sure you take a look at http://blog.themakingspot.com/ and @TheMakingSpot on Twitter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment